- By initialing above you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, and will comply with all of the following outlined terms of agreement.
I. NEW CLIENT PROCESSES
- A complimentary initial meet & greet must be completed before North Paws can perform any services.
- All services must be prepaid by 5pm the day before scheduled visits. Any unpaid services will be cancelled without notice.
- New clients requesting vacation care (i.e. Pet Sitting Visits) will be required to submit a 25% non-refundable deposit no less than 7 days prior to the first day of service. The deposit amount is increased to 50% on the following holidays: New Years Eve or Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Eve or Day.
- Services with unpaid deposits may be cancelled without notice, including prior to or during the service period.
II. CANCELLATION POLICIES
- FOR NON-MEMBERS: Cancellations may be made at any time according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations made within 2 hours of service, or if a Pet Pal arrives for your visit and you determine you do not want a visit, or your pet is not there, you will be charged for your regular visit. NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS
- After 5pm the day prior to your service,
- 50% of service total is due (equals an 50% refund)
- Before 5pm the day prior to your service,
- FOR NORTH PAWS CLUB MEMBERS: Cancellations may be made at any time according to the following schedule:
- 0-7 Days Prior to any service
- 8+ Days Prior to any service
III. DAMAGES AND INSURANCE
- North Paws Pet Care is bonded and insured, for your safety and peace of mind.
- North Paws' insurance DOES cover: Damages of your home, property, or pet that occur as a direct result of North Paws employee negligence, provided that the client notifies North Paws Pet Care of any concerns or damages within 48 hours of return to the home. Example of an instance that WOULD be covered by our insurance: A Pet Pal feeds a pet a treat which contains an ingredient to which the pet is allergic, and the allergy had been noted in the pet information disclosure.
- North Paws' insurance DOES NOT cover: Damages of your home, property, or pet that occur before or after a North Paws Pet Care service has been performed, or damages of the home, property, or pet that occur during North Paws Pet Care employee present that do not happen as a direct result of negligence of the employee. Example of an instance that WOULD NOT be covered by our insurance: A Pet Pal feeds a pet a treat which was left in the home by the owner which contains an ingredient to which the pet is allergic, and said ingredient was not disclosed in the pet information disclosure.
- North Paws Pet Care is not responsible for any damage to the property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the negligent act of the Pet Pal. North Paws Pet Care accepts no responsibility for security of the premises or loss if other individuals have access to a client's home, or if the home is not properly secured.
- North Paws Pet Care is not liable for any loss or damage in the event of a burglary or other crime that should occur while under this contract. Pet Owner agrees to secure home prior to leaving the premises. North Paws Pet Care will re-secure the home to the best of its ability at the end of each visit. While keys are in the possession of the Pet Pal, they will be either on the Pet Pal's physical person, or be properly stored in an undisclosed location. North Paws Pet Care will be responsible for lock replacement in the case of a lost key.
- The client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against the company and its employees, except those arising from negligence.
III. DEFINITION OF CLIENT'S PETS
- Pet Owner must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of Pet Sitters, Kennels, and Veterinary Clinics. The Pet Pal cannot service a home with "Visiting" pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service site without separate sets of agreement forms, including setting up an online scheduling account and agreeing to the terms of service by the rightful owner(s).
- These terms of service apply to all the pets owned by the client, including any and all new pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at any and all locations the owner designates for service.
IV. SUPPLIES & SAFE HOMES AND SERVICE
- Pet Owner is responsible for pet-proofing the house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches. North Paws Pet Care will not be responsible for the safety of any pets and will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
- Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed to care for their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, well-fitted harness (halter, collar, etc...) for walks or in case of emergencies, firmly affixed vaccination tags, a lead rope or leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medicines, and cat litter. Pet Owner authorizes any purchase necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responible for the payment of such items, as well as services fees for obtaining items, and will reimburse North Paws Pet Care in a timely manner of all purchases made.
- Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the Pet Pal, or other persons, by the Pet. Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend North Paws Pet Care, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the pet.
V. RAIN, SNOW, AND NATURAL DISASTERS
- North Paws Pet Care agrees to perform scheduled services regardless of rain, snow, extreme cold, extreme heat, etc. The Pet Pal will make the necessary accommodations to perform the service in a manner which keeps the pet safe and healthy. The Pet Pal has the responsibility and right to modify the scheduled service in a way that provides the required care for the pet in the amount of time scheduled if necessary to keep himself/herself or the pet safe.
- It is suggested that arrangements be made with someone to evacuate your pets in case of a disaster or weather-related event/crisis/"Code Red". North Paws Pet Care will make every reasonable effort to see to your pets' safety/care should such events occur, but cannot guarantee it.
VI. FUTURE SERVICES
- By initialing, you authorize this contract to be valid approval for services so as to permit North Paws Pet Care to accept future telephone, online, mail, or email reservations and enter my home without additional signed contracts or written authorizations.
VII. PHOTO RIGHTS
- Client understands that photos may be taken of his/her pet and that those photos are property of North Paws Pet Care. These photos may be used for advertising in print and online, or for any other purposes. The client understands that the pet's name may accompany the photos, but North Paws Pet Care will never release information about the pet owner or pet location.
VIII. PRICING CHANGES
- North Paws Pet Care reserves the right to increase or decrease service pricing at any time, and these pricing changes may or may not be applicable to existing clients.
- Existing clients who will be effected by a pricing increase or decrease will be notified via email or written letter at least two (2) weeks prior to the price adjustment. Client reserves the right to discontinue services as a result of disagreeing with the price change.
VIII. CONTRACT TERMINATION
- North Paws Pet Care reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time if the Pet Pal in his/her sole discretion determines that the Pet Owner's pet poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people, or the Pet Pal. If concerns prohibit the Pet Pal from caring for the pet, the Pet Owner authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel (or previously arranged locale), with all charges (including, but not limited to, transportation, kenneling, tranquilizing, treating, accessing, and liability) to be the responsibility of the owner.
- Client reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time, for any reason, with 2 weeks' written notification.