Policies and Procedures
The client agrees to the following:
1. Liability Policies:
- Blue Ribbon PS and its employees agree to provide services stated in this contract in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives any and all claims against Blue Ribbon PS or its employees, unless arising from gross negligence on the part of Blue Ribbon PS. Client agrees to notify Blue Ribbon PS of any concerns within 24 hours of returning home.
- Blue Ribbon PS shall not be held responsible for pets that bite, suffer an accidental death or escape from faulty fencing or from inside the home due to faulty screens, doors, etc.
- Blue Ribbon PS shall not be held responsible for any complications pets may suffer or actions of pets while they are unattended.
- Blue Ribbon PS or its employees shall not be held responsible for the loss, injury, death, or actions of any pet that the client has let outside or has instructed Blue Ribbon PS to allow outside while Blue Ribbon PS is not there. This includes pets with doggie doors and outdoor pets. Blue Ribbon PS reserves the right to move an outdoor pet to shelter in the event of extreme temperatures/weather. Blue Ribbon PS is not responsible for damages/costs involved with this move.
- The client understands that all pets (where appropriate) must have a veterinarian and must be up to date on the rabies vaccination. Any pets allowed outdoors must be on seasonal flea and/or tick preventative. Client agrees to reimburse Blue Ribbon PS for all costs (including, but not limited to, medical care and lost wages) associated with contracting any ailments while exposed to pet(s).
- All pets with electronic fences must wear their collars with fresh batteries. Blue Ribbon PS is not responsible for any animals that get out or inside of perimeter.
- Blue Ribbon PS will not sit for acutely ill animals or those with uncontrolled medical conditions. We suggest the pet be boarded with a vet.
- Blue Ribbon PS does not accept aggressive animals. Client agrees to be responsible for all costs (including, but not limited to, medical care, attorney fees, etc.) if client’s pet should bite another person or animal.
- Blue Ribbon PS will not allow dogs off-leash except in client's secure, fenced yard. If your dog is a strong puller, we would be happy to discuss alternate collars or harnesses to keep your dog and walker safe, however, note that some dogs, despite our recommendations, may still pose a risk to the walker and would be declined from our services.
- Blue Ribbon PS does not diagnose or make therapy decisions, nor does it offer veterinary services. Any veterinary/medical concerns will be referred to a veterinarian.
- Client authorizes Blue Ribbon PS to obtain the services of a locksmith should a key/garage opener malfunction. Client would be informed before any such action is taken unless it is impossible to do so. Client is responsible for all charges.
- Client is responsible for making arrangements for snow removal. Visits that pose a safety hazard to sitters due to snow covered driveways and/or walkways will not be completed. Client will be notified if this occurs. A visit charge will apply if we have attempted service.
- Job sharing is at our discretion. However, we will not be responsible for your pet or home if another service provider, contractor, friend or family member enters your property while we are not there.
- Client agrees to authorize Blue Ribbon PS to handle any emergencies that may arise. Blue Ribbon PS will make every effort to contact client, however client gives Blue Ribbon PS authority to act in the pet’s/home’s best interest. Additional time will be billed at an hourly rate according to the nature of the emergency, ie cleaning, transporting pets etc.
- Blue Ribbon PS advises you to have a responsible party to take care of your pet(s) in the event of unforeseen circumstances or in the event of inclement weather or a natural disaster. It is best if your emergency contact is a neighbor or close relative so they can reach your home. Blue Ribbon PS is not responsible for pets in these circumstances.
2. Cancellation Policy: Midday dog walks must be canceled by 8am of same day or will incur a visit charge. Vacation (3+ consecutive days) or holiday* bookings of any length must be received within 7 days of scheduled service or be subject to a cancellation fee of 25% of contracted services. Thanksgiving and Christmas cancellations must be received 10 days in advance of scheduled service or be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of contracted services. As we can only accept a certain number of bookings, refunds or credits will not be given for early returns, unless due to an emergency or national / natural disaster beyond the client's control. If an emergency arises forcing client to return early, Blue Ribbon PS will issue a credit for remaining visits. Blue Ribbon PS reserves the right to deny service or terminate service if job differs from original consult or if job poses safety concerns, or inappropriate or uncomfortable situations to our sitters.
3. Business Hours: Business and visiting hours typically fall between the hours of 7am. and 9pm. We cannot guarantee time specific calls, but instead will offer a window of one-hour for breakfast or bedtime visits and a two-hour window for all other times to allow for schedule flexibility.
4. Payment Arrangement: Payment for first service is due at initial consult or for established clients in good standing by first day of service. Weekly dog-walking clients may pay at the end of the week. Drop-in clients are on a pay-as-you-go basis, with payment expected at each visit. Weekly clients with cards on file will be charged Friday after walks are completed. Returned checks are subject to a $50 handling fee. A late fee of $10 will be added to any invoice that is overdue by ten (10) days.
5. Holidays Observed: Blue Ribbon PS charges a holiday fee per visit for the following holidays: New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve.