This contract is an agreement between Bloomfield Pet Care and Client for Pet Care Services beginning on today’s date and thereafter on an as-needed basis.
PET CARE AND PAYMENT
1. Pet care services will be provided at the rates advertised on the BLOOMFIELD PET CARE (BPC) website (http://www.bloomfieldpetcare.com/Services.html). Rates for subsequent services are subject to change.
2. All schedule changes, additions and cancellations must be made through the customer portal. Email and telephone calls are not always monitored daily. To assure your requests are being attended to promptly, use the customer portal.
3. Client authorizes BPC to perform pet care services as outlined in the Customer Portal, which shall become part of this contract. Prior to any future pet care services Client agrees to update BPC of any changes to the information, including feeding, key information and any other pertinent information. All information must be updated in customer portal.
4. Confirmation of a specific time in the portal does not necessarily mean the specific time is available. We work within a 2 hour window of time staying as close to the requested time as possible. If an exact time is needed, this MUST be confirmed through the owner, Meghan. Team Members have little control over their assigned schedules and many factors are considered when finalizing the schedule. Regular business hours are 8am- 8pm. Visits outside of this time frame and visits requested within 24 hours will be assessed an additional fee, in addition certain holidays incur a fee of $10 per visit.
5. Emergency care: In the event that pet(s) being cared for require immediate medical attention, BPC will attempt to contact the Client prior to obtaining emergency care. However, Client agrees that pet sitter has the authority to act in pet’s best interest even if this means seeking medical attention prior to notifying Client. Client agrees to reimburse BPC for any additional fees and/or expenses incurred while tending to emergency or veterinary care.
6. Inclement weather/Natural disaster/Act of war: In the event of inclement weather, natural disaster, or act of war BPC is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for pet(s) and home. Client recognizes that in the event of inclement weather, natural disaster, or act of war BPC reserves the right to alter services outlined in this contract.
7. Personal emergency: In the event of personal emergency or illness of pet sitter, Client authorizes BPC to arrange for another qualified team member to fulfill agreed upon responsibilities as set forth on this contract without prior authorization.
Key policy: BPC requires at least 2
keys to be kept on file for services. Client agrees to allow BPC to keep
their keys on file in a secure location for future services. After 2 years of
no services, customer file becomes inactive and key may be destroyed. If Client
prefers to have key returned following service, Client agrees to pay $10.00
pick-up and drop off fee for future services. If less than two keys are
given, client gives BPC permission to make an additional copy for any Team
Member servicing Client.
9. Locksmith: Client gives BPC the authority to use the services of a locksmith in the event of malfunction of the lock, keys, or automatic door opener. Client also agrees to reimburse BPC within 7 days of return for all costs incurred, and to hold BPC harmless for consequences related to the activities of the locksmith.
10. Payment: Client agrees that payments for walking or sitting services are to be paid in full at the time of booking or before the first day that service begins. Payment is due directly to Bloomfield Pet Care and not to the Team Member. If payment is not received at the time of service, a $25.00 late fee may be added to your invoice. Bloomfield Pet Care accepts cash, check or PayPal and invoices will be sent to email address on file. We also accept Visa and MasterCard as payment for service. Credit cards will automatically be charged for future services, at least 7 days prior to start of service. There will be a $35.00 charge for returned checks.
11. Extra Services: If Client requests to extend service, the Client guarantees payment at the same rate for all services provided upon return.
12. Confirmation: Client agrees to call the BPC office or text Team Member prior to leaving to confirm departure day/time, and again upon returning home to let us know that pets are safe. If Client expects to arrive home earlier or later than planned, BPC must be notified as soon as possible. No refunds will be given if trips are cut short.
13. Cancellation: BPC requires at least a 24-hour notice of cancellation for daily dog walking. Less than 24-hour notice will result in Client being billed for 50% of the fee for booked services. Cancellation fee may be waived due to inclement weather conditions or personal emergency. Cancellations made the day of service, vacation visits, weekend trips and during Holiday weeks and busy vacation times may not be refunded or credited.
1. BLOOMFIELD PET CARE (BPC), its employees and/or independent contractors, agrees to provide the services in a caring, responsible manner. The client waives and relinquishes any and all claims against BPC, its employees and/or independent contractors, except those arising from negligence of the pet sitter. Client agrees to notify BPC of any concerns related to services within 24 hours of return home.
2. Emergency contact: Client agrees to provide BPC with contact information where he/she can be reached while away. Client will also provide a name and phone number of someone who is authorized to handle any major problems. If Client or designated contact person cannot be reached in a timely manner, Client agrees to accept any decision BPC makes in regards to pet care or Client’s property.
3. Visitors: If anyone will be entering Client’s home while it is under our care, Client agrees to notify BPC in advance. BPC will not enter an occupied home if we have not previously made us aware of visitors. Similarly, unless we receive instructions from Client, we will not grant access to the home to any visitors. BPC will not be held responsible for any damages incurred to Client’s home or pet(s) by visitors. It is understood that anyone with access to the home will be notified of BPC presence and vice versa. The police will be called, without exception, on all intruders or suspicious acts.
4. Job Sharing: BPC does not "job share" with your friends, family or other pet sitting businesses or their representatives. Due to insurance and liability, we cannot be held responsible for your home and personal belongings, including pets, if anyone other than our staff enters your home while you are away.
5. Outdoor access: BPC will not be held liable for the well being or actions of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors. This includes indoor/outdoor cats or dogs with access to “doggie doors.”
6. Dog Walking: We require that all dogs be walked using the appropriate leash and collar/harness system for their size and temperament. Certain types of walking equipment may not provide sufficient control for those who lunge or pull, or may not be secure enough, leaving room for a wiggly pup to slip out. These issues can lead to injury to the pup and to the walker. In the event Team Member determines a dog’s collar/leash/harness is not sufficient to maintain the dog’s safety or the safety of the Team Member, the Team Member may use a personal collar/leash/harness. BPC does not use retractable leashes for dog walks. Clients must provide a secure harness or collar and durable leash no longer than 6 feet. All pets must have proper identification tags.
7. Aggressive pets: We do not provide care to any type of aggressive animals or those with a bite history. This includes pets that have behaviors such as growling, showing or threatening to use their teeth or claws, charging at or chasing people coming in, staying in or trying to leave the home or property. If a pet has a history of biting or other aggressive behavior, BPC reserves the right to refuse or cancel service. The owner will be liable for the pet sitter’s medical expenses and/or damages that are the result of an animal bite or injury due to pet’s aggressive behavior.
8. Vaccinations and Illness: Client agrees to provide BPC with proof of current vaccinations for all pets. Should pet sitter be bitten or otherwise exposed to any disease or ailment received from Client animal(s), Client agrees to pay all costs and damages incurred.
9. Refusal of Care: We do not visit pets less often than once per day for cats and twice per day for dogs (if client is out of town). We may refuse care if we believe the pet is ill, contagious, stressed or malnourished and should be more closely monitored, if the pet is at risk to self, staff, or property, or if the pet cannot be safely contained in the client home/property. We may refuse care if we feel the pet or the environment is unsafe in any way or causes concern to Team Members or the owner of BPC.
10. Future Services: Client authorizes this signed contract to be valid for future services without additional signed contracts or written authorization.
The Client states that he/she has read this entire agreement by signing below and understands and agrees to its terms and conditions.